User Information“ User Information” means information by which an individual user can be identified, and includes the following information of such user:
- Name, login ID, password, access nickname, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number and other credit card related information, bank account number, official personal identification records of the user (such as notarized signature certificates, company statements etc.), which has been registered with the Website (originally or subsequently via a request for amendment) or which has otherwise been made available to us by the user him/herself;
- Service usage details and history of the user, including service contents used, dates and times of such use, frequency of such use and other details thereof; and
- Information concerning settlement of charges in relation to usage of the Website by the user.
Collection of User Information
- We may collect User Information of users using the Website in the following manner:
- Collection through the Website : User Information entered into the Website by a user
- Collection through e-mail, post, documents, telephone and other methods : User Information provided to us by a user through e-mail, post, documents, telephone and other methods.
- Collection through e-mail sent to users : If the e-mail software used by a user is equipped with functions to confirm the arrival and opening of e-mail, we may receive and record information on arrival and opening of our sent e-mails through such software. If a user does not approve this, he/she should turn off such function in the software, or use another e-mail software without such functionality.
- Collection of information relating to user access to the Website : We may collect the history and other details regarding the use of services of the Website by a user, including information on URL, type of internet browser or mobile phone used to access the Website, IP addresses and other similar information.
Purpose of Use of User Information
We will use User Information for the purposes informed to the user at the time of collecting his/her User Information, and/or for the purposes listed below. Apart from these purposes of use, we will not use collected User Information for any other purpose, except in the cases specified in “Provision or Disclosure of User Information to Third Parties” set forth below or where we have otherwise obtained a user’s consent to such use. Further, any user may refuse to receive information provided by us at membership registration, or otherwise withdraw any consent to receive information provided by us after becoming a member. However, we reserve the right to provide certain information to our users which are necessary for service operation, regardless of such refusal or withdrawal of consent by the user.
To notify purchasers and personal shoppers of the status of transactions and other material matters by e-mail, etc. in order to ensure the safety and reliability of transactions through the Website (e-mail address, nickname, etc.);
- To confirm purchase of goods and services and delivery thereto (name, home address, etc.);
- To confirm the application for e-mail distribution services and sending of e-mails (nickname, e-mail address, etc.);
- To confirm membership registration and provide services thereto (nickname, usage history, official personal identification records of the user, etc.);
- To use in billing, payment and refund of prices/charges of goods and services and confirmation thereof (usage history, settlement information, etc.);
- To send rewards and gifts to users cooperating with our surveys (name, home address, etc.);
- To send premiums and prizes to users having applied for competitions, etc. (name, home address, etc.);
- To communicate with users when dealing with requests and/or complaints regarding or in relation to the services of the Website by such users (nickname, e-mail address, home address, etc.);
- To improve the lineup of goods/services and the functions of the Website for further satisfaction of users;
- To customize the lineup of goods/services and the details of the Website to suit specific users’ needs (nickname, usage history, etc.);
- To survey the satisfaction of users for information, goods, services, etc. ordered via the Website (nickname, usage history, e-mail address, etc.);
- To aggregate the results of statistical processing of personal information and publish it as part of our user research results;
- To grasp the status of use by users and make use of the results for improvement of existing services and development of new services (nickname, usage history, etc.);
- To provide information on our various membership services and other services (nickname, e-mail address, etc.);
- To kindly ask for cooperation in survey or participation in organized event and report the results thereto, etc. (nickname, e-mail address, etc.);
- To grasp th status of use of goods, services, the Website, etc. by users and to provide relevant information and survey result concerning us and/or other third party companies and organizations which we consider desirable for users (nickname, e-mail address, home address, etc.); and
- In addition to the foregoing, to solve any issues or problems relating to the operation of the services of the Website where usage of User Information is necessary.
Provision or Disclosure of User Information to Third Parties
We will not provide or disclose any User Information to third parties, except as set forth below:
- Publication and/or sharing on the Website of information which we consider necessary for provision of services in the Website:The registered names, home addresses, telephone numbers, etc. of purchasers will be shared with personal shoppers involved in transactions with them within the Website (personal shoppers shall use such provided information of purchasers solely within the scope necessary for such transactions, and shall be prohibited from disclosing any of such information to a third party without the prior consent of the purchaser). In addition, the obi usage history of each user and other elements of User Information subject to publication (including nickname, gender, age range, assessment points, self-introduction text, activities as personal shopper, main activity areas, etc.) will be published in the Website during the specific period designated by us, together with nicknames registered thereto.
- Provision to outsource companies:
We may outsource certain operations, in whole or in part, to companies we consider reliable which have entered into confidentiality agreements with us regarding protection
- Third-Party Payment Processor:
- Provision to assignee in the case of business portfolio assignment:
- Provision pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, etc.:
If we are requested to provide User Information by a competent court, government agency, regulatory authorities or other public bodies, we will provide User Information as requested insofar as there is no justifiable reason for refusal.
- Provision with respect to dispute resolution with third party:
User Information may be disclosed in the case where any member causes trouble to a third party and we consider such disclosure necessary for resolution thereof, or where we consider such disclosure necessary for protecting the rights and benefits of any user of our services or any other third party.
- Provision reasonably necessary for service operation:
In addition to the foregoing, User Information may be provided or disclosed to a third party when we consider such disclosure to be reasonably necessary for the provision, continuation or maintenance of operation of the services of the Website.
Use of “Cookies”
- When a user logs in to an authorized site, to provide services customized to such user in light of such user’s registered information;
- To cause the most suitable advertisements for each user to be displayed on third party websites, based on the contents such user is interested in and the status of his/her use in the Website;
- To investigate the number of users and traffic of the Website; and
- We may use the advertisement distribution services of third parties such as Yahoo, in which cases such third parties may obtain and use, through the cookies, information on the visit, usage and activity histories of users on the Website.
- Information on the visit, usage and activity histories of users on third-party advertiser websites as obtained by such third parties will be handled and used in accordance with such third parties’ privacy policies.
- Users may stop the use by above-mentioned third parties of information on the visit, usage and activity histories of users on the Website via the opt-out function made available by such third parties.
*Information recorded in cookies does not include users’ names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, home addresses or any other information enabling identification of any specific individual.
Modification of User Information by the Company
If there occurs any change in any registered User Information of a user which are necessary for delivery of goods or billing purposes, such as the name of municipality, postal code, name of financial institution or expiry dates of credit cards, we may modify the registered User Information of the user as appropriate.
Management and Security of User Information; Cross-Border Transfer
- [Caution!] We will not be responsible for protection of users’ personal information, etc. at websites of third party entities or individuals linked with the Website. Users are strongly recommended to carefully examine such websites for themselves and only access and/or use them after confirmation of their safety and reliability. Where we judge it necessary to take data-protective measures for prevention of unauthorized access to User Information, we use an industry-standard cipher system named SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for transfer of such data.
- [Caution!] If you provide your personal information via a SSL-incompatible browser for registration, application or ordering in the Website, you may be exposing yourself to the risk of your personal information being read or stolen by third parties not under our control in the course of transferring such information to us. Please use such SSL-incompatible browsers only if you are fully aware of, and are willing to accept, the inherent risks thereto.
- If, notwithstanding our security measures, you or a third party sustain damages due to any unjust activity of a hacker, etc., we will not be liable for such damage. With respect to information enabling the identification of yourself, please be very careful of its protection so that it may not be lost, forgotten or unwittingly obtained by third parties.
Access from Abroad
Please do not access the Website from foreign countries or areas in which the use, management, operation and/or contents of the Website are illegal or inappropriate under applicable laws and regulations.
Discretion in Provision of User Information
Each user has complete discretion in deciding whether or not to provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us, you may be unable to receive our responses and/or our services (including consideration of whether or not to employ, for job applicants).
Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of User Information
Each user may confirm or modify his/her personal information as registered in the Website, by logging in to the Website using the log-in ID and password registered.
For other procedures regarding disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of User Information, please contact the personal information protection manager specified below.
Contact for inquiry about personal information of users:
- Responsible person: General Manager, Corporate Operation Department
- (as personal information protection manager)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mobile: +81-80-7964-1300
- Tel.: +1-671-487-8787
- Fax.: +81-42-706-9280
- Address: Lot2, Tract1031A (Unit#1104), Woodland Townhouse, AGA Blvd Dededo, Guam 96929
- P.O. BOX: 218259 Barrigada, Guam 96921